Custom Search

Friday, October 19, 2007


A Wild Wild Adventure

I want to talk a little bit about my adventure this afternoon.

My wife gave me a $1 off gift card to Wendy's so I decided after not being able to find it yesterday that I would venture out again today and look for it. I found it. It was inside of this fairly new mall near my office that is about 5 times the size of the town that I live in. So I sat in the food court eating my food [at $1 off the regular menu price] and watching everyone else.

This mall is located in a very suburban part of town where the food court was littered with what I am guessing were pre-soccer-mom's whose husbands were all off to work so they had congregated together for a lunch and play date. I applaud that, but it is just funny to see them do it in such a suburban way with their kids wearing Baby Gap and American Eagle and what not.

Now, the question is this- do I get out much? No.

I decided when I was done eating that since I had some time that I should kill before returning to the office that I would walk a lap around both the upper and lower levels of the mall to just get some exercise and see what all was there. It is a good walk around that place. I think that I probably walked 2 miles. There were all kinds of stores that I don't even really have enough money to walk into, let alone actually buy something there. The thing that intrigued me about so many of those places was that as I walked past the stores actually smelled like designer cologne or perfume. HOW DO THEY DO THAT? Does Glade make air fresheners in those scents?

There isn't a discount store of any kind in this mall. The whole place smelled like credit cards because I'm not sure what else the patrons were paying with.

I walked around there for about 20 minutes or so and then decided to head back out to my car so I could get back to work.

Dude! Where's My Car

So now that I'm outside I start walking and I get distracted by a man-made pond [with fountain and outdoor music] and a walkway. I stood there for a few moments and enjoyed the view before making the trek back to where my car was.

10 minutes later I'm still walking up and down rows of cars that don't contain my own. "Did I park here? I'm sure I was this far down...That truck looks familiar. Do I look like I'm ready to boost one of these?"


So I decide to go back into the mall to try and decipher which door exactly I came in so that I can retrace my steps in getting there. 10 minutes later I finally found my car and we enjoyed a brief embrace before some onlooker was preparing to call mall security.


So now that I'm back at the office in the parking lot I decided that I needed to check my Blackberry since I felt it zinging me with emails on my drive back from the mall. Why, you ask? I dunno....I was only about 100 feet away from my desk by this point; I should have just headed into the building so that I could check them at my desk.

Instead, I'm standing out in the parking lot like an idiot checking my email and dodging this fly that was pestering me. This thing just kept swarming around me and honing in on me for some now I'm the idiot on his Blackberry running around in the parking lot trying to flee the evil clutches of a fly. Dum-duh-duh-dum.

I return to my email in peace now that the fly has decided to leave me alone; so I think.

I then finish up in the parking lot and head back to the building. Once back at my desk I plop down in my chair and reach for my phone. Now drowning in my hair I do one of those flip numbers to get it out of my face....only to have that damn fly emerge from beneath my nest somewhere. It rapidly zoomed out brushing my face as I cursed it.

I'm going home now. I hope you all have a good weekend.

Labels: , , , , ,


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home