Custom Search

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Another Wednesday Night Post

I just want to let the record state that the dude on the left is not me.

OK, now that we've got that out of the way we've come to another Wednesday night post. You all know what that means- [in case you don't] not anything more than the rest of my posts.

it is Wednesday night and I'm sitting here watching To Catch A Predator on NBC. What a sick world that we live in that they can have a show like this that has as many episodes. Each episode is pretty much the same as the last; they lure people in and then snag them when they have them.

So let's recap the last week or so. Since last Wednesday I've been working on this horrific spreadsheet at work. The long and the short of it is that we are getting ready to be audited. I am convinced that auditors only have their jobs because someone who had too much time on their hands created the position for them. People who don't work in your department come through and survey everything that you do and whether or not you have everything documented. Then they tell you whether you pass or fail, but they don't tell you in advance what they are looking for to begin with. So after Thursday and Friday I needed to blow off some steam. I didn't really get the chance though so I waited until last night.

Last night I had some time to kill so I decided to stop by the old diggs where I grew up. I stopped by the old shopping mall that I used to frequent just to see where it was headed. It had been a few years since I had gone there for anything and it looked like it was turning into a ghost town. There didn't seem to be many shops left in business. Well last night I saw that it is starting to turn back around.

I walked in the doors by Target. After I took about 10 steps inside I heard an old song playing over the mall speaker system- Wanna Be Startin' Something by Michael Jackson. I had to chuckle to myself. As I think about it now it seems even funnier because Michael Jackson's Thriller was the very first record that I ever bought.

As I walked around I did some several familiar places. The Shoe Carnival, The Cookie Company, Sears, JC Penny, Yonkers, are all still there. I was also somewhat surprised to see that there appeared to be 2 different churches that had their offices set up there right next to each other. Talk about a possible manifestation of competition. Then as I walked further down the stretch I saw a mini-golf place that was really dark. As I walked up closer I saw that all of the lights were black lights and all of the courses were lit up in florescent neon colours. It I had been high it would have been really trippy...but I wasn't and I kept walking.

I admit that I was also on the lookout. I don't really consider myself to be a popular person, but I have had a history of running into at least 1 person that I know wherever I go. Tuesday was no exception; I ran into my High School Spanish teacher. We chatted for a few moments and I told him how his class had served a good role in my life and how it helped later develop me in my career and personal life. He is no longer teaching though. He said that the parents had just gotten too cooky for him. They were getting mad at him for calling on their kids in class. Wow, the educational system seems to have reached into interesting realms.

Tomorrow I am meeting up with an old college friend of mine who is currently attending seminary. I think he's been in seminary for about 8 years now...well, it's probably been more like 4 or 5 but now he's back to being a full time student so maybe that [and good behaviour] will cut some time off his sentence.

My wife and I are looking forward to the release of The Bourne Ultimatum next Friday night. I loved the first 2 in the series and I'm sure that this one will be just as good.

Speaking of movies, I should go see what's playing up in my room. In case you didn't get that- I'm tired and need to go to bed.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home