Custom Search

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Good Weekend

Have you ever had a dream that you were riding on the back of a weasel as it bouncing around on a pogo stick? Me neither. So with that out of the way let's recap the weekend.

Thursday morning I had told my wife that we needed to go on a date sometime. For any of you reading this who are married and have children this is a much needed activity for the grown ups. Between cleaning the house, chasing the kids, doing dishes, playing with the kids, working, working and working, time with each other can become sparse. That's why I told her that we needed to go on a date. Just the two of us.

So Friday I get a call from her while I'm at work saying that she had talked to her sister about taking the kids for the evening. So we decided that was a good idea and decided to go see Evan Almighty. It was OK, but the best time was just being together. We had a quick supper @ Quizno's before heading to the show. The movie was OK, but again it was primarily just the act of us being together for a while without the interruption of the kids. It felt weird, but that's a weird that we need to have once in a while.

Saturday I was working in what I like to pretend is my "office" in an upstairs bedroom. It is really just a bedroom that houses all of my network equipment, a computer desk, a long rectangular plastic table that you'd probably find in a church basement somewhere, and a bunch of other computer equipment and other miscellaneous crap. I was working on some video stuff for a customer of mine when my wife came up and said that it might be fun to take our daughter to her first movie. So she called the neighbor to see if she could watch our son while he took his afternoon nap. She agreed so we all got ready.

We hit the matinée for Ratatouille. Our daughter was scared at first, but once we got into the theater and she saw that it was just a big TV she was game. It was a good movie and she really liked it.

Then we headed off to Wally World to pick up a few things before heading back home to eat and do other evening stuff before heading off to bed.

Sunday was a good day too. We had kid patrol at church. This usually means us watching the children in the nursery. It is pretty fun to play with them and watch them interact with each other. After church we found out that there was going to be a to-do later on at the local pool/aquatic center.

So we split from church and headed to the local McDeath fast food joint and had lunch and let the kids play in the germ house. It had been a big weekend so far and we just needed them to blow off some steam so that they could nap good that afternoon before heading out to the pool later.

After we got home from lunch we put the kids to bed and then I spent the next 2 1/2 hours working on a "gangsta rap" type song for work. It is really a very silly endeavor but I needed some comic relief. The song is about a day in the life of one of the tasks that I do in my regular job. I'm not going to get into that here because it is just boring.

Everybody then got up, I wrapped up my session, and then it was off to the pool we went.

My wife and I probably had more fun than the kids, and my wife had more fun than I did since I ended up watching the kids most of the time. That's good though because she too needs the chance to blow off some steam once in a while. At first, what I wasn't looking forward to was taking off my shirt. My metabolism seems to have slowed down quite a bit since High School, so needless to say there is a little more of me to love these days. But then as I looked around I didn't feel so bad. I hate the whole game of comparison, but I just found myself thinking "if that guy over there is OK with going without his shirt then I'll be just fine." Thankfully no one chose to wear Speedos

Summer is such a great time.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home