Custom Search

Monday, May 14, 2007

Raising my rates

Over the weekend I had to come to terms with the fact that I am not making enough with my side business to really make it worth anything. If anything, I'm probably actually losing money doing what I'm doing.

If any of you don't know about it, I have my own side business called Custom Computer Works

I do PC repair and consultation. I work with a lot of different issues for residents and businesses.

The trouble that I was having for quite a while was that I wanted to be able to bring in some additional income, but I also didn't want to have to charge people too much for my services. There are so many places around that charge $50-65/hour. I really feel that might be a bit much. And why do I think that's too much? Because I am a miser; a cheapskate! I don't like to spend any more money than I have to, but I guess that life doesn't always afford me that convenience.

So over the weekend I decided to revisit my costs and what I would charge people for my services. I think I've hit a happy medium. I think that I've come up with rates that will put some more cash in my pocket while still being very competitive with my prices.

Now I just have to see what a guy needs to do to build his customer base.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home