Custom Search

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I've been tired

I haven't really blogged in the last 15 days or so because I have either been too busy working on various things or I have just been too tired to care. So I extend my apologies to the few of you who read this.

This last weekend was bad. It was very, very, bad. I suffer from depression. It isn't all of the time, and I'm not fully diagnosed or manic depressive or anything, but I certainly know what the emotional pendulum is like.

To ward off my issues I take a combination of Valeria Root and St. John's Wort. They are natural dietary supplements and they don't cost even a fraction of what my previous prescription did. It also seems to infiltrate my system fairly quickly too, so that's a bonus to get me back on my feet.

Depression sucks. It sucks even worse when you can't really seemingly do anything about it either. Everything seems to be going fine, and then out of nowhere you are blindsided by rage, fatigue, sadness, numbness...etc. Not only do you feel bad, but it also then affects your family and friends. Thankfully my wife is understanding, and I do what I can to try and explain it to my almost 4 year old daughter. It just makes a man feel like a lousy dad.

Well, I'm back on the pills now after 3 days and I'm starting to feel better. I'm still tired but overall I don't feel like I need to be hiding out in a cave any longer. It helps to get out of the house and into some sunlight. Thankfully the weather is getting better also. That means that we can go for walks at night and the exercise also helps.

If you suffer from depression I feel your pain. Hang in there.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger greg said...

Dude, I'm sorry to hear you've been down. My thoughts are with you.

April 19, 2007 at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home