Custom Search

Friday, March 23, 2007

I did it again

One year I really messed up on Mother's Day. My wife really wanted a card from our daughter who was only about 6 months old. I didn't realize it and so I didn't make one. She was crushed. She cried and I was in the dog house. Well, it seems as though I'm back there again. This time it was for her birthday.

I got my wife all the gifts that she asked for. I also gave her a new [it's almost finished] dining room that she'd wanted for some time. I had a big party at our house...I did it all....except for have my daughter make her a birthday card.

To me it seems pretty selfish that she would want something like that; the need to get something "sentimental" from someone else on the basis of wanting to get it rather than their wanting to give it. But she, like every other human, has a need for affirmation and I missed it. So in light of all of the other good things that happened, I still screwed it all up. And now she knows that I know, so all sense of sincerity is now gone and I'm stuck between and rock and a hard spot.

I want to blame it on the fact that I am a guy who doesn't really think much about the emotion of things. Guys are doers. But I did the wrong thing. Now I've got to try and figure out how to make up for it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home