Custom Search

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some Olympic Commentary

Now that the 2008 Olympics are over I would like to offer some commentary/critique/criticism. I think I would have enjoyed the Olympics this time around if I would have actually gotten to see more than swimming and gymnastics. I seem to have missed the more interesting events.

In this post I offer a proposal for events that should be dropped from future competitions. While the events in and of themselves may be entertaining, they are either driven by the commercial or recreational forces and not that of survival; which is originally what made the Olympics what they were. They have no show of strength, skill, courage or stamina.

Badminton
Baseball
Basketball
Field Hockey
Soccer
Handball
Softball
Synchronized Swimming
Table Tennis
Regular Tennis
Volleyball
Water Polo
and for the love of God.......
Speed Walking

It is not that I have anything intuitively against any of these as sports [except for Speed Walking] but they, in my humble opinion, do not belong in the Olympics.

IOC- put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home