Custom Search

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Caught Up

It has been more than a month now since my last post here, so I apologize to my readers...if I have any left.

I would like to thank my wife for reading this. She is about the only one that I know of who reads this because she is the only one who ever comments. For everyone else, thanks for reading too...I just don't know who's out there.

So much has been happening lately-

The new year was brought in. Welcome 2008, although you feel a lot like last year so far.

This year we spent our first New Year's Eve in a bar. That is not typically something that my wife and I would do but this year was different. My aunt and uncle were in town visiting. My aunt is only six years older than I am and my uncle is only 4 years older. We both have kids that are close to the same age as well so it really felt more like hanging out with friends. The bar was busy. It was the busiest place that I have ever been in. I'm sure that if the Fire Marshall had stopped by that he would have shut the place down; but we almost saw a fight take place right behind our table so that helped add to some excitement.

What was the fight about? There was this guy that had already had too much to drink and someone else that was there with him wouldn't give him his keys. It was funny at first but then it got annoying. We weren't hoping that they would fight, but we were hoping that the drunk guy would either get a cab or walk home. He was in no shape to drive.

Anyways, we had a good time. We drank some beer, smoked some cigars and brought in 2008 together.

I took two weeks off of work around the holidays.

Note to self- it is always harder for me to return to work with good spirits after taking that much time off at once.


I didn't do any more podcasting during my break or up until now because I am not sure if it is worth my time.

Since I have returned to work life has pretty well returned to normal. I get up, drive to work, work all day, come home and maybe work some more, spend a little time with my family, spend a little time on the Internet, and then I go to bed only to get back up and do it all over again. Five days a week.

The Iowa caucus is now over. I can finally go through my day without having some presidential wanna-be calling me to tell me what is wrong with the other candidates.

I went to our district caucus. I admit that I went to caucus for a Republican candidate; but that was only because he was a Libertarian at heart. I was disappointed to find out that the Republican caucus was basically just an inflated version of an opinion poll. I think that I like the Democrat's use of this function to weed out the weaker candidates better. It seems to have more of a point to it. It was an interesting experience though. I had never done that before.

Now it appears that Giulliani and Edwards have dropped out of the race. I wasn't going to vote for either of them but I didn't see that coming. Neither did I foresee John McCain climbing the wall the way he has been lately. I think that the race is showing some interesting things though-

  • Republicans are possibly starting to see Mitt Romney as a cardboard candidate; he looks shiny but there's no depth to him. Sure we'd all like him running our company but not necessarily our country
  • Republicans don't have as much faith as expected in Mike Huckabee (pun kind of intended)
  • Democrats have revealed in the dropping out of John Edwards that there are a bunch of them that don't really care for either Clinton or Obama

I would like to see Ron Paul get elected. We need a good renegade in office for a while.

Movies I've recently seen-

Juno, Superbad, Shoot 'Em Up, 1408, Heat, Saw IV, Hostel 2, I Am Legend, Untraceable, The Reaping, Vacancy, An Evening With Kevin Smith, 28 Weeks Later - I guess that seems like a lot of movies in the last month.

Actor Heath Leger recently passed away. It is always unfortunate whenever anyone dies. It is always even more unfortunate how the press handles such events. It is always then even more unfortunate how the Westboro Baptist Church handles such events.

I have recently switched from drinking a lot of soda and coffee to drinking tea (with only a minimal amount of sugar or none at all) in their place. I now find that I am not as hungry as often and my pants now feel like they are getting bigger.

I don't blog as much as I'd like to. I don't do a lot of what I want to as much as I'd like to, but I hope that I am learning to better prioritize my time to allow for the things that are most important.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sasha said...

Bravo. I appreciate that you post less to prioritize. So by leaving a comment I am in no way suggesting that you should take it as an incentive to blog more often. :) Anyway, I am always interested when people make the switch to tea. What are you drinking? If I may suggest my favorite local tea supplier, check out www.teasource.com. Bonus: cup for cup it's still the most affordable hot beverage of superior quality I've found. Enjoy! Cheers, Sasha

February 3, 2008 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger The Raging Paradoxidation said...

Hi Sasha, thanks for commenting!

The kind of tea that I'm drinking right now is just plain Lipton, Bigelow or Celestial Seasonings. I just thought that for now I would give the "over the counter" stuff a try and then maybe check out my other options after I have gotten used to the switch.

Thanks for the link though. I am sure that I'll be making some purchases from them as they look like they have some really good choices.

February 5, 2008 at 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home